David is a qualified counsellor who is experienced at adapting the style of therapy to the needs of his clients.
David's Counselling Style is Gentle and Affirming
David has trained in a number of modalities including Narrative Therapy, Imago Relationship Therapy and Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy, and he matches how he works to the needs and goals of the client. His counselling style is gentle and affirming, with the aim of enabling the client to feel safe so that they are able to explore what is important to them. David believes in people’s potential to make changes and so regain control over their lives.
Large and Comfortable Environment
David has been in private practice since 1987, and works at his Selwyn Street practice.
David’s room is large and comfortable and clients seem to enjoy the ambience he has created.
- Discover ways in which childhood experiences impact on who we chose as a partner, relationship styles etc.
- Identify unhelpful relationship patterns and learn ways of creating healthy patterns.
- Learn what your partner needs, and how best to give that to them.
David works with individuals who present with anxiety, depression, stress management issues, and grief. Funding for counselling is available for those on a benefit or low income via WINZ Disability Allowance.
- Develop strategies to deal with anxiety/depression.
- Develop techniques to manage stress and to create a healthy lifestyle balance.
- Grief/Self-Esteem issues
- Supervision supports a person and encourages safe and effective professional practice.
- Supervision provides a safe environment in which to discuss issues you may be having in your practice.
- I provide Professional Supervision to counsellors, social-workers, doctors, lawyers, school teachers, managers etc.
- Member New Zealand Association of Counsellors.
- Member New Zealand Psychological Society.
- Member of Aotearoa New Zealand Association of Social Workers.
- Member Imago New Zealand.